Scotts Valley, California
Scotts Valley is a small city in Santa Cruz County located 6 miles north of Santa Cruz. The city has a picturesque location amid the Santa Cruz Mountains and surrounded by coastal redwoods. The city offers pleasant weather with warm and dry summers and mild, rainy winters. Scotts Valley is home to many high technology businesses such as Seagate Technology (computer hard drives), E-mu Systems and Sessions.
Scotts Valley Real Estate
The estimated median house or condo value in 2007 was $845,054.
The real estate market in Scotts Valley can be divided into many different neighbourhoods depending on price and location:
- Glenwood Estates - comfortable houses located on large lots.
- Granite Creek Estates - custom houses offering views of the mountains.
- Hidden Glen - a neighborhood featuring an equestrian center for all the residents who own horses.
- Monte Fiore - area in popular demand with newly built Mediterranean Style homes
- Manana Woods - an older neighborhood with a country feel.
- Pinewood Estates - another popular area where there are not many houses for sale and the market is always vibrant.
- Rolling Woods Estates - a great community for families with children with some of the best schools in the area.
- Sky Park - another family oriented community with walking trails and playgrounds.
- Woods Cove - custom homes close to an equestrian center.
- The Vineyards - a neighborhood offering Mediterranean Style homes among greenbelt areas.
Scotts Valley Schools
The city is served by two school districts, the Scotts Valley Unified School District and the Cabrillo Community College District. In Scotts Valley there are two public elementary schools, a middle school and one high school. Each of these elementary schools is ranked among the best in California. In Scotts Valley there is also a private Christian university, Bethany University.
Points of interest in Scotts Valley, California:- Tree Circus - featuring trees grafted and trained in all kinds of amazing shapes,
- Beverly Gardens - home to many exotic species of birds,
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- Roaring Camp Railroads
Scotts Valley Facts:
- Land area: 4.6 square miles
- Population in July 2007: 11,159
- Estimated median household income in 2007: $85,571
- Median resident age: 33 years
As Exclusive Buyer's Broker Incs we can assist you in finding ANY property for sale in Scotts Valley and always represent YOUR best interest, 100% of the time. To search for homes for sale in Scotts Valley, click here.