Capitola is a city in Santa Cruz County located west of Aptos and east of Live Oak. It is surrounded by the Santa Cruz Mountains on one side and Monterey Bay on the other. The city was founded in 1869 and it is the oldest beach resort on the West Coast.
Capitola has a lot to offer to its residents and visitors alike. Fine restaurants and unique shops are located almost at the shore fronting a fantastic sandy beach. Capitola Beach has been recognized by several magazines as one of the top ten beaches on the West Coast. The beach is situated between two cliffs in a river valley. Soquel Creek is the venue of the Capitola Begonia Festival which attracts many visitors every year.
Capitola Real Estate
The estimated median house or condo value in 2007 was $706,889.
The real estate market in Capitola can be divided into many different neighborhoods depending on the price and the location:
- Capitola Village - area in popular demand with beachfront properties and single family bungalows within walking distance to the beach.
- Cliffwood Heights - traditional neighborhood built in the 70's.
- Depot Hill - area featuring gorgeous Victorian houses.
- The Jewel Box - area offering townhouses, condominiums and single level homes perfect for senior living.
- New Brighton - neighborhoods with many single family homes and condos overlooking the ocean.
The city is served by the Soquel Union Elementary School District.
Points of interest in Capitola, California:- Capitola Begonia Festival
- Capitola Art & Wine Festival
- Capitola Village
- The Esplanade - a fun stroll along a row of restaurants, historic homes and small shops.
- Land area: 1.7 square miles
- Population in July 2007: 9,521
- Estimated median household income in 2007: $54,388
- Median resident age: 38 years
As Exclusive Buyer's Broker Incs we can assist you in finding ANY property for sale in Capitola and always represent YOUR best interest, 100% of the time. To search for homes for sale in Capitola, click here.